It's been a long time since I have participated in Wednesday Hodgepodge or even blogged at all.
1. Share one favorite moment/memory from your Christmas holiday.
Watching my kids open their gifts.
2. What was the best thing you ate over the holidays? Was it homemade or store bought? If it was homemade did you make it?
We didn't do much for the holidays. I had to alter our menu this year so we only had Turkey, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing, corn, and green beans with bacon. I will have to say the turkey, which I couldn't season with much, as well as the Green Beans made with little sodium were the best things I ate. I did make them both.
3. What was one of the most beautiful things you saw over the holidays?
My children's smiles. We have had a rough month and a half so those smiles were worth it.
4. What does fresh start mean to you?
Starting over. Not being judged based on past decisions but current/future decisions.
5. On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being very positive and 1 being not so great) how would you rate 2016 in terms of personal achievement and well being? Explain.
2. I'm really glad that 2016 is over. It started out GREAT. Moved to a nice house in a nice neighborhood. I started back to grad school and had a 3.8 GPA. Then right before Thanksgiving everything went downhill and those few days made 2016 the worst year of my life (and I promise I will explain in a separate post so bear with me).
6. Every January 1st since 1976 Lake Superior University has published a list of words they'd like to see banished from the Queen's English. Words may be banished due to misuse, overuse, or just general uselessness. Go here to read more about how the words were chosen or, if you're like me, to find out what in the world the word or phrase even means or the context in which it's used. There were quite a few on this year's list I'd never heard before.
Here's the 2017 list of banished words-
You, Sir-focus-Bete Noire-Town Hall Meeting-Post Truth-guesstimate-831-historic-manicured-echo chamber-on fleek-bigly-ghost-Dadbod-listicle-get your dander up-selfie drone-frankenfruit-disruption
Which word on the list would you most like to see banished in 2017? What word or phrase would you add to the list?
I actually heard this Tuesday morning while driving my daughter to an appointment. On fleek needs to go. I detest that phrase. If I could add a word, it would definitely be bae. I hate it.
7. Large or small, light or deep, share with us one goal you have for the new year.
This year I plan to take better care of me. This is something I have been lacking in for a long time.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I have so much to do and it seems like I have so little time. I wish there was 24 extra hours in a day because I definitely need them. Also, stay tuned to a post dedicated to what in 2016 made it the worst year ever.