1. What's surprised you most about your life, or about life in general?
The amount of kids I have. When I was younger, I wanted no more than four kids. I ended up with seven. They drive me nuts a lot but I wouldn't trade a single one for anything in the world.
2. Among others, these ten words were added to the Oxford English Dictionary this year...awesomesauce, beer o'clock, brain fart, buttdial, cat cafe(apparently this is a real thing), fatberg (gross-read the definition here), fat shame, hangry, Mx (gender neutral), and skippable.
Your thoughts? In looking over the list, which word do you find most ridiculous? Which word would you never in a million years say out loud? Which word would you be most likely to use in conversation?
I haven't heard of some of these. I'm apparently not into the new lingo. I do use awesomesauce a lot in a day. It's one of my favorite words. I've heard of brain fart, buttdial, fat shame, and hangry but don't use them often. And I did look up fatberg; I wish I hadn't.
3. Do you like gravy? Is there a food you'd rather not eat unless it comes with gravy? Do you make your own or buy the canned or store-made variety? Turkey and gravy, sausage gravy, mashed potatoes and gravy, country ham and red eye gravy, biscuits and chocolate gravy, pot roast and gravy...which one on the list is your favorite?
I do like gravy. However, I have to come up with a Plan B for me since I can't have gluten and of course gravy is full of gluten. I love(d) mashed potatoes and gravy as well as turkey and gravy. I don't eat potatoes anymore so that isn't something I eat now.
4. Do you have a plan? Do you need a plan? Have you ever had a plan fall into a trillion pieces? Explain.
I need a plan and am developing a plan on moving out of here. I am sick of this place, it has gone downhill fast, and I just can't take it anymore.
5. November 19 is National Play Monopoly Day. Do you own the original or some version of the game? Do you enjoy playing Monopoly? How likely is it you'll play a game of Monopoly on November 19th? Ever been to Atlantic City? Ever taken a ride on a railroad? Is parking in your town free? Last thing you took a chance on?
I used to own a Monopoly game. I forget which version is was but it was a newer version. I do not have the attention span for Monopoly. I get bored after 15 minutes. I will not be playing Monopoly on November 19th. I've never been to New Jersey at all, much less Atlantic City. I have never been on a railroad. It depends where we are if the parking is free in my city. Some places are; most places aren't. Last thing I took a chance on was moving to NC. Big fail!
6. A song you like that has the word (or some form of the word) thanks in the title, lyrics, or meaning?
Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion. I have always loved this song. It was sang at my high school graduation as a tribute to the graduates' parents.
One line of the lyrics is "I'll be forever thankful baby".
For bonus points it also has grateful in the lyrics. "I'm grateful for each day you gave me."
7. In keeping with this month's theme of gratitude....what is something you're taking for granted that when you stop and think about it, you're grateful for?
Life itself. I think the majority of people take life for granted. But, in the end we need to be grateful for each day that we have.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Thanksgiving is next week. Next week! Where did the year go? It seems like it was just January. I'm cooking my usual Thanksgiving meal on Thursday. We'll probably be eating turkey and the fixins' for a couple of days just like last year. We're doing a little something different for Christmas this year because of some big changes we have in the works in life in general. But, I'll discuss that later.