Your life is not going to turn out the way you planned. That kind of throws your whole control issue out of whack. But, trust me, you'll survive it. You're stronger than you give yourself credit for. Here's 10 things you are going to need to know for the future. Please listen, even though I know you scoff at the thought of someone telling you something for your own good.
- You love your brother, but he will make mistakes and you can't fix them. Don't try to; it'll only frustrate you more.
- Major in Psychology. Trust me on this.
- While we're discussing college, FINISH! You don't want to be in your 30's going for your Bachelors and Masters Degrees.
- Do your own thing as a parent. Don't worry about what others do or think.
- One day you will run into guys with the initials E.B. and J.S. Stay away from them. Trust me.
- Put your foot down when it comes to leaving Louisiana.
- When you are 18, you will go to work for Pino and Enza. You will make several decisions while there. Think LONG and HARD about them.
- Grow a backbone, girl. Well, grow one before you turn 30 anyway. Preferably grow one now; life will be so much clearer and easier if you do.
- Remember those friends you have now? Keep in touch with them. They were your best friends when you were 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 (and even 17; remember I know the future), don't lose them after graduation.
- EAT! I know your secret. Just stop what you're doing to yourself. You'll regret it in a few years.
Please listen to some of this advice,
36 - Year - Old - Crystal